UNFPA, UNICEF and the United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID) will host a Google+ Hangout discussion from 7:45 am EST (12:45 pm GMT) on the progress made in FGM/C abandonment, and the challenges that remain ahead.
The virtual event will feature:
- Lynne Featherstone, UK Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for International Development and Champion for the elimination of violence against women
- Dr. Babatunde Osotimehin, Executive Director of UNFPA
- Dr. Atef El Shitany, Rapporteur of the National Population Council, Egypt
- Molly Melching, Founder and Executive Director of Tostan
- Janet Tumer, Young Il Shamus activist and FGM/C survivor, Kenya