The independent Evaluation Branch at the Division for Oversight Services supports the Executive Director in rendering accounts to the public on the UNFPA contribution to development results in its areas of interventions. The independent Evaluation Branch also aims at promoting a culture of learning throughout the organization by providing knowledge on the UNFPA programmes and interventions. Have we reached our objectives? How well are we doing? Are we doing the right thing? Asking such questions and disseminating answers to the wide public is our mission.
The Evaluation Branch complies with the United Nations Evaluation Group (UNEG) Norms and Standards. These aim to facilitate system-wide collaboration on evaluation by ensuring that evaluation entities within the United Nations follow agreed-upon basic principles. UNEG Norms and Standards are intended to guide the establishment of the institutional framework, the management of the evaluation function, and the conduct and use of evaluations. They provide a reference for strengthening, professionalizing and improving the quality of evaluation in all United Nations organizations.
- The first report on the Joint Evaluation of the UNFPA/UNICEF Joint Programme on Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting: Accelerating Change is now available here.
- Click here for the Terms of Reference of the ongoing Lebanon Country Programme Evaluation.
- The webinar on UNDAF evaluation guidance can be accessed here.
- The briefing presentations as well as the debriefing presentations on the preliminary results of the Senegal, Sudan and Burkina Faso field visits are available here.
- The Thematic Evaluation of UNFPA Support to Maternal Health Including the Contribution of the Maternal Health Thematic Fund was presented to the Executive Board at the First Regular Session on 29 January 2013. The statement made by Louis Charpentier, Chief, Evaluation Branch, can be accessed here.
- The independent evaluation of the UNFPA sixth country programme in Madagascar (2008-2013) has been finalized. The final report can be accessed here.
The Evaluation Branch is staffed by a team of evaluation advisors, specialist, analyst and assistant, and is led by the Chief of the Evaluation Branch.
You can contact the Evaluation Branch at email@example.com
- Mr. Louis Charpentier, Chief
- Ms. Alexandra Chambel, Evaluation Adviser
- Mr. Hicham Daoudi, Evaluation Adviser
- Ms. Valeria Carou-Jones, Evaluation Specialist
- Ms. Olivia Roberts, Evaluation Analyst
- Ms. Magalye Mars-Mompoint, Evaluation Assistant