WHEN: Wednesday, 6 February 2013 at 7:45 AM EST / 12:45 PM GMT
Join Here: http://bit.ly/WGlrCa
WHAT: To observe the International Day of Zero Tolerance of Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting, 6 February, UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, UNICEF and the United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID) will host a Google+ Hangout discussion on the progress made in FGM/C abandonment, and the challenges that remain ahead.
The virtual event will feature:
- Lynne Featherstone, UK Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for International Development and Champion for the elimination of violence against women
- Dr. Babatunde Osotimehin, Executive Director of UNFPA
- Dr. Atef El Shitany, Rapporteur of the National Population Council, Egypt
- Molly Melching, Founder and Executive Director of Tostan
- Janet Tumer, Young Il Shamus activist and FGM/C survivor, Kenya
To RSVP: http://bit.ly/WGlrCa
Ask your questions using #endFGM.