27 March 2013 - Press Release
Ha Noi, 27 March 2013
- During the past 50 years, many East Asian countries have witnessed a remarkable decline in Total Fertility Rates (TFR) from a high level of 5 or more children per woman in the period 1965-1970 to below the replacement level of 2.1 children per woman in the period 2005-2010. The countries where fertility declined need to foresee the consequences and start preparing for policy response to address the challenges of fertility decline. These key findings were presented today in Ha Noi at the workshop on “Sharing International Experience in Fertility Decline", co-organized by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in Viet Nam.
08 March 2013 - In the News
Ha Noi, 8 March 2013
- "It is critical for Viet Nam to continue developing appropriate youth-friendly services that respond to the current needs of the huge young population
," emphasized the Chairman of the National Assembly's Committee for Culture, Education, Youth, Adolescents and Children at a workshop on Policies on Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) and HIV for Young People organized today in Ha Noi by the National Assembly and the UN in Viet Nam.
28 February 2013 - Press Release
HA NOI, 28 February 2013
- The United Nations (UN) in Viet Nam and the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs (MOLISA) organized today in Ha Noi a policy dialogue on gender equality to commemorate the 2013 International Women’s Day.
30 July 2012 - Press Release
HA NOI, 30 July 2012
- A project on "Strengthening the capacity of law and policy makers in policy advocacy, appraisal and oversight of laws and policies in the areas of population, reproductive health and gender equality" was signed this morning in Ha Noi. This is a five-year project from 2012 to 2016 and implemented by the Parliamentary Committee for Social Affairs (PCSA) with the Party’s Central Committee of Popularization and Education (CCPE) as a partner and with technical assistance from the UN in Viet Nam including UN Women and UNFPA.
10 July 2012 - In the News
HA NOI, 10 July 2012
– At a press conference organized today in Ha Noi to commemorate the 2012 World Population Day (WPD), the Ministry of Health and the United Nations (UN) in Viet Nam called for increased efforts to accelerate progress towards the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), with a specific focus on MDG5 on “Achieving Universal Access to Reproductive Health by 2015”.
05 May 2012 - In the News
On this International Day of the Midwife, UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund and ICM, the International Confederation of Midwives, commend the important work of midwives in promoting good health and making pregnancies and childbirths safe.
25 November 2011 - Press Release
Ha Noi, 25 November 2011
- The Ministry of Culture, Sport and Tourism, the Viet Nam Women’s Union and the United Nations in Viet Nam co-organized a policy dialogue in Ha Noi on 23 November on “Strengthening Responses to Violence against Women in Viet Nam” to commemorate the 2011 International Day for Elimination of Violence against Women, observed each year on 25 November. This event received great attention from Government organizations, political and social organizations, civil society, United Nations agencies, embassies, international development organizations and international and national media agencies.
06 May 2011 - In the News
Midwives deliver – and not only babies
More than one in three women in developing countries give birth alone -- or with only relatives to oversee what is one of the most dangerous passages they will ever undergo. In some of the poorest countries, as few as 13 per cent of all deliveries are assisted by a midwife or a health worker with midwifery skills.